The mission of The Cultural Classroom is to create authentic cultural resources for teachers to use and to facilitate the creation of authentic cultural journeys in the classroom. During the month of February, we focused heavily on Afro-Latinos, an underrepresented population within the Latino community. If you missed any of those resources, check out my friend’s article on my resources, by Srta. Spanish->Afro-Latino Resources by The Cultural Classroom.
For March, we will be focusing on two groups: neurodiverse populations and Latinas. March is both Women’s History Month and celebrates the causes of neurodiverse populations. As a person who squarely fits into both categories, I am excited to take this journey with you and to share my experiences, talent, and resources with you so that you can empower your students! Today, let’s delve into a Latina Women’s History Month, brought to you by The Cultural Classroom!
Playlists & Resources for Women’s History Month–with a Latina Twist
Videos and resources in the playlist:
- Getting to Know Famous Latinas | Celebrating a Latina’s Women’s History Month : presenting a resource that you can use in class with your students! So much fun–you can use this virtually, in person, or a hybrid. And I show you how! 🙋🏽
- 🎧 Mix Musical: Mujeres : A flip through of a musical resource which looks at the lives of some stellar Latinas!
- Mujeres Poderosas Playlist : A look at my Mujeres Poderosas Playlist and why I chose the songs for the playlist. Link to musical playlist here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFCnv42EO9GOQXwrmVcUMvpsv1sROn84Y
- Women’s History Month | Celia Cruz | Celebrating Latinas: A SPANISH LANGUAGE video looking at the life of Celia Cruz, one of the strongest “mujeres poderosas” I have ever *met* (yes, I did in fact meet her when I was a teen!)
Resources for the classroom:
- Celebrating Women’s History Month in Spanish Class gives you all the tools you need to sprinkle a variety of resources throughout #WHM! Watch this Demo video HERE where you can see if this Bundle or the individual components would be a good fit for you! LINK TO VIDEO REVIEW and linked below ⤵️
- Getting to Know Famous Latinas En Español looks at the lives of 16 Latinas in simple Spanish. There are so many ways that you can present/use this project!
- Getting to Know Famous Latinas En Español: Bingo is an extension of the original “Getting to Know…” project, however, it can be played separately. It is available as an individual resource (that includes both a digital/virtual and printable version) OR can be purchased as a BUNDLE with the previous resource. Check it out! I can’t wait to play this in class!
- Mix Musical: Mujeres | Celebrating a Latina Women’s History Month: A deep dive into the songs and lives of 5 *mujeres poderosas*
- 2/26/23 NEW UPDATES! Check out the new additions here in this short video: https://youtu.be/mSMGo_1JyYQ
- Celia Cruz Spanish Language video and free student handout (check the description area of the video)
- 🎶 Classroom YouTube Music Playlist: various artists and songs that represent female empowerment and diversity! All ok to play in class!
- Cards to celebrate the women in your life. Check out the demo here. Sign up for your set of 24 cards below:
WHM Catalogue by Allison Perryman
My students enjoyed the interaction with Pear Deck and I loved that there was Spanish and English so I could easily differentiate for my different levels!–TpT Review on Mix Musical: Mujeres
Follow me at ➡️
Any questions? Let me know!
Un abrazo bien fuerte,
*Follow me for more resources that I’m cooking up!